As I was thinking about everything around us which are considered interactive, I remembered this game I used to be crazy over... Gunbound! It's basically an online shooting game which allows you to collect points (or in other words "money") when you shoot others down in order to buy new avatars to increase your power. I've provided a picture so that those who have no idea what I'm talking about get to see what the game more or less looks like. I was so addicted to it that I wasted so many hours playing it instead of studying for my A Levels! Hee~ I felt that this game was truly interactive in a few ways. First, is the interaction between the players. As we play the game, we can communicate privately with own own team so as to discuss strategies, or we can communicate openly just for some friendly chat. Of course... there has also been many cases of extrememly unfriendly cursing and swearing. But well... you can still consider them a form of interaction, just in the negative sense. Next, is the interaction between the game and the players. Interestingly, there are sort of like climate changes in this game and the most frequent changes seen is the wind. The strength and direction of it changes rather often during the game so that your shots' accuracy are affected if you do not keep track of the current wind direction and strength. So to me, this game is interactive in the sense that the game puts forward different situations to force us to rethink how we should position our next shot in order to hit our opponents with the maximum damage (and also to prevent the wind from blowing our shots back to ourselves). And with each players' turn, the landscape changes a little as damage is done and we have to react by moving around smartly so that we do not get digged into the holes and eventually fall to our death when the enemy manages to drill the entire hole through the ground. So... I rank this game highly interactive!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home