After thinking for quite some time on my third eg of interactivity, I realise that it's actually an easy task in the sense that there are so many interactive things around us today... the only difference is the degree of interactivity. Hence, I've decided to raise a sort of different form of eg this time round.
I've been sick (started with slight cough and I don't know what on earth happened but it became so bad that I nearly lost my voice) for nearly 2 weeks and have been to see the same doctor 3x! I'm sure that many people will assume that human-to-human interaction is the best form of interaction because both parties can talk, listen, think, and finally give response. But I assure you... human-to-human interaction can sometimes drive me mad especially when I'm not in a good mood... eg. when I'm sick! My experience at the clinic was as such...
I knocked the door 3x, walked in, greeted the doctor with an unwilling smile (who would be happily smiling at a doctor if you're visiting him for the 3rd time and still not feeling well) and sat down on the patient's chair. I started to tell him my condition such as sore throat, still coughing very badly especially at night etc etc.... and all this while I realised that the doctor never was once looking at me!! He kept flipping through my medical record and scribbled something new on it... He finally turn to look at me when he wanted to check my throat. After that he just said "I'll change your cough syrup, give you some lozenges and some tablets for your phlegm annd you'll be fine." What a nice consolation... will I really be fine?! Afterall... this is the 3rd time!! But what fustrated me the most was the fact that there was no indication on his part that he was listening when I was describing my situation to him. How on earth was I to know whether he heard everything and put them into consideration when he prescribed me those medicine? It is during these times when I feel that I'm better off talking to the wall... at least I don't get fustrated when the wall doesn't reply because I don't expect it to reply in the first place...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home