Ans (5) : The author opposes "transparency" in interfaces because this will cause us to "lose ocnsciousness of the influence of the interface, [hence] we lose our ability to question the terms of the contract".
I think mobile phone is an interface which has changed how I like to contact people. SMS allows me to think twice about what I want to say to people, which will allow me to make sure I do not offend people unknowingly. Due to the limited number of free SMS each individual has per month, they are forced to shorten their words effectively to fit into one SMS so what I get is the main crux of what they want to say. I find that in a way this is very time saving as the unnecessary parts of the conversation are taken away already. Eg. If I call A on the phone, I might first ask how's she so far and then chat a little before I proceed to my main point and before I hang up I might chat a little while so it doesn't seem that I'm calling only for my purpose. And I prefer to contact people through their mobile phones because I skip the unnecessary people and waiting. Eg. I call A at her home, her father picks up the phone and asks who I'm looking for, I answer "A" and he'll go on to say "hold on" and go get A to the phone. All these can be avoided when I contact A directly at her mobile phone.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home